COVID-19 Pandemic Response
COVID-19 Update: July 2021
Keeping you, your community and your vet team safe
At Barossa Veterinary Service we are doing our bit to help stop the spread of Coronavirus.
There is limited evidence that pets are at risk or able to spread COVID-19. The federal government has confirmed that vets are an essential service. This means that we will continue to operate throughout the stages of lockdown.
We are still able to welcome you into our clinic, ensuring appropriate social distancing and have implemented the following changes.
- ONLY 1 owner is allowed to accompany your pet into the building.
- You should use the QR code upon arrival at our clinics.
- A face mask MUST be worn by all visitors to our clinics, we will not be able to allow you into the building without one.
- You should wait outside until we invite you to enter, this helps us to manage the number of people in the building appropriately.
- Automated hand sanitisers are provided outside and inside and should be used by all visitors before entering and when leaving the building.
- You are required to retain a distance of 1.5m from others whilst on the premises, we ask that you use the seats provided in the waiting room and consult rooms to help us adhere to social distancing rules.
- If you would prefer not to be in a smaller area, consultations for dogs can be conducted outside with a social distance of 4m or via telemedicine. Telemedicine consults are available as an alternative for cats.
- We have extended our consulting times to facilitate these changes.
- Increased hygiene practices across the clinic remain in effect.
- Home visits are not suitable at this time.
- If you are unwell or quarantining due to contact with a known Coronavirus case, please do not enter our clinics. You should notify us when you make the appointment that you are unwell or quarantining, we have additional measures in place so we can continue to help you and your pet.
- Orders for medicines or food should be placed over the telephone or online. We will process payment at the time of ordering. Collection should be non-contact, phone us when you arrive at the clinic and let us know you are outside and we will bring your order outside.
- If you live within 10kms of our Kapunda or Nuriootpa clinics we offer a home delivery service at no extra charge. This will be a non-contact service on a mutually suitable date.
Call and Collect or Home Delivery Service
For all food, merchandise and medication sales we will operate a Call and Collect service OR if you live within ~10km radius we are happy to deliver to your home at no additional cost.
The procedure to follow is:
- Prior to arrival, call the clinic to order the required product for your pet.
- Payment should be processed over the telephone when ordering.
- Upon arrival at the clinic, please use the hand sanitiser provided and wait outside until one of our customer care representative comes out to assist you.
- If it is safe for you to enter the building, we will invite you into the reception to collect your purchases. If not we will bring your purchases out to you.
If you live within 10km of one of our clinics and would prefer home delivery, follow steps 1 and 2 and we will then confirm a delivery day for your product, direct to your home. Delivery will be to your front door and we will call or text once it has been delivered.
Call and Collect / Home Delivery Service Online Form
We are now please to be able to offer telemedicine consultation to all current clients. These are designed to assist with management of cases remotely where clients are self-isolating, under forced isolation or have other restrictions that prevent their attendance at the clinic. If you have a smartphone or a home computer with a camera and microphone it is possible to perform this type of visit. They are booked through the website here: ‘Book Now’ button and the process is as follows:
- Choose Nuriootpa Clinic
- Enter pet details and be sure to select telemedicine consultation
- Choose an appropriate time
- Fill in your details, ensuring your email is correct
- You will then receive a confirmation email, containing a link to follow to attend the consult
- 5 minutes prior to your appointment, click on that link and then a green button saying ‘Start Consultation’ will appear. Press this and your vet will be with you shortly.
- Following the consultation one of our customer care team will call to collect payment and organise collection or delivery of any medications you may need.
If you pet subsequently needs to attend the clinic based on the information collected in this consultation, there will be no additional consult charge applied.
Please remember to choose our Nuriootpa Clinic and select Telemedicine Consultation.
Caring for Animals
Barossa Veterinary Service is dedicated to providing the best possible health outcomes for your pet. We will provide advice and care that aligns with best practice.
Caring for People
We recognise the positive impact pets have on the lives of their owners and endeavour to improve the relationship between owners and their pets.
Caring for the Environment
People and pets have a large impact on the local and global environment. We seek to educate owners on environmentally responsible pet ownership.