COVID-19 Pandemic Response
COVID – 19 Update: 25 May 2020
Keeping you, your community and your vet team safe
At Barossa Veterinary Service we are doing our bit to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. This is to protect our staff, you, our clients and our wider community.
There is limited evidence that pets are at risk or able to spread COVID-19. The federal government has confirmed that vets are an essential service. This means that we will continue to operate throughout the stages of lockdown.
Update 25 May 2020 – Return to Stage 1
We are pleased to inform you of some changes to operations as we progress back to normal. We are now able to welcome you back into our clinic, ensuring appropriate social distancing and have implemented the following changes.
- One client per pet will be allowed into the consulting room during the consult. We request that you please remain in the allocated area to ensure 1.5m separation.
- If you would prefer not to be in a smaller area, consultations for dogs can still be completed outside with 4m separation distance or via telemedicine and those for cats via telemedicine or minimal contact.
- Extended consultation times to facilitate the above changes
- Increased hygiene practices across the clinic continue to be in effect.
What does the consult process look like during COVID-19:
- Call the clinic to make an appointment or book online through our website
- Upon arrival, check in with our customer care team at the front of the clinic. Please then wait in the undercover pet sensory garden or in your car until we are ready.
- A nurse will invite you and your pet into the building and explain the consultation process to you
- Consult will proceed as normal with the vet performing full examination and discussion of treatment recommendations
- Consultation summary and payment will be collected from the customer care member on the right-hand side of the reception desk and assistance provided to your car as needed.
Call and Collect or Home Delivery Service
For all food, merchandise and medication sales we will operate a Call and Collect service OR if you live within ~10km radius we are happy to deliver to your home at no additional cost.
The procedure to follow is:
- Call the clinic, preferably prior to arrival, to order the required product for your pet.
- Upon arrival at the clinic, approach our customer care representative at the front of the clinic who will assist you with payment and collection of required products or medications.
If you would prefer home delivery, follow steps 1 and 2 and we will then confirm a delivery day for your product, direct to your home. Delivery will be to your front door and we will call or text once it has been delivered.
As for human medications, we are recommending that a one-month supply on hand is sufficient and we have no shortage of supply at this time.
Call and Collect / Home Delivery Service Online Form
We are now please to be able to offer telemedicine consultation to all current clients. These are designed to assist with management of cases remotely where clients are self-isolating, under forced isolation or have other restrictions that prevent their attendance at the clinic. If you have a smartphone or a home computer with a camera and microphone it is possible to perform this type of visit. They are booked through the website here: ‘Book Now’ button and the process is as follows:
- Choose Nuriootpa Clinic
- Enter pet details and be sure to select telemedicine consultation
- Choose an appropriate time
- Fill in your details, ensuring your email is correct
- You will then receive a confirmation email, containing a link to follow to attend the consult
- 5 minutes prior to your appointment, click on that link and then a green button saying ‘Start Consultation’ will appear. Press this and your vet will be with you shortly.
- Following the consultation one of our customer care team will call to collect payment and organise collection or delivery of any medications you may need.
If you pet subsequently needs to attend the clinic based on the information collected in this consultation, there will be no additional consult charge applied.
Please remember to choose our Nuriootpa Clinic and select Telemedicine Consultation.
Caring for Animals
Barossa Veterinary Service is dedicated to providing the best possible health outcomes for your pet. We will provide advice and care that aligns with best practice.
Caring for People
We recognise the positive impact pets have on the lives of their owners and endeavour to improve the relationship between owners and their pets.
Caring for the Environment
People and pets have a large impact on the local and global environment. We seek to educate owners on environmentally responsible pet ownership.