COVID-19 Pandemic Response
COVID-19 Update: November 2020
Keeping you, your community and your vet team safe
At Barossa Veterinary Service we are doing our bit to help stop the spread of Coronavirus. This is to protect our staff, you, our clients and our wider community.
There is limited evidence that pets are at risk or able to spread COVID-19. The federal government has confirmed that vets are an essential service. This means that we will continue to operate throughout the stages of lockdown.
We are still able to welcome you into our clinic, ensuring appropriate social distancing and have implemented the following changes.
- Only 1 person per pet will be allowed into the building.
- Only 1 client allowed in the reception at any time.
- We request that you wait outside until you are invited into the building.
- Automated hand sanitisers are provided and should be used before entering and leaving the building.
- Contact tracing is required, we have provided forms or a QR code to simplify the process
- You are required to retain a distance of 1.5m from others whilst on the premises.
- If you would prefer not to be in a smaller area, consultations for dogs can still be completed outside with 4m separation distance or via telemedicine and those for cats via telemedicine or minimal contact.
- We have extended our consult times to facilitate the above changes
- Increased hygiene practices across the clinic remain in effect.
- If you are unwell, please notify us when you make the appointment, we have additional measures in place so we can continue to help you.
- Orders for medicines or food should be placed over the telephone. We can process payment at time of ordering and bring the items out to you when you arrive.
Call and Collect or Home Delivery Service
For all food, merchandise and medication sales we will operate a Call and Collect service OR if you live within ~10km radius we are happy to deliver to your home at no additional cost.
The procedure to follow is:
- Prior to arrival, call the clinic to order the required product for your pet.
- Payment should be processed over the telephone when ordering.
- Upon arrival at the clinic, please use the hand sanitiser provided and wait outside until one of our customer care representative comes out to assist you.
- If it is safe for you to enter the building, we will invite you into the reception to collect your purchases. If not we will bring your purchases out to you.
If you live within 10km of one of our clinics and would prefer home delivery, follow steps 1 and 2 and we will then confirm a delivery day for your product, direct to your home. Delivery will be to your front door and we will call or text once it has been delivered.
Call and Collect / Home Delivery Service Online Form
We are now please to be able to offer telemedicine consultation to all current clients. These are designed to assist with management of cases remotely where clients are self-isolating, under forced isolation or have other restrictions that prevent their attendance at the clinic. If you have a smartphone or a home computer with a camera and microphone it is possible to perform this type of visit. They are booked through the website here: ‘Book Now’ button and the process is as follows:
- Choose Nuriootpa Clinic
- Enter pet details and be sure to select telemedicine consultation
- Choose an appropriate time
- Fill in your details, ensuring your email is correct
- You will then receive a confirmation email, containing a link to follow to attend the consult
- 5 minutes prior to your appointment, click on that link and then a green button saying ‘Start Consultation’ will appear. Press this and your vet will be with you shortly.
- Following the consultation one of our customer care team will call to collect payment and organise collection or delivery of any medications you may need.
If you pet subsequently needs to attend the clinic based on the information collected in this consultation, there will be no additional consult charge applied.
Please remember to choose our Nuriootpa Clinic and select Telemedicine Consultation.
Caring for Animals
Barossa Veterinary Service is dedicated to providing the best possible health outcomes for your pet. We will provide advice and care that aligns with best practice.
Caring for People
We recognise the positive impact pets have on the lives of their owners and endeavour to improve the relationship between owners and their pets.
Caring for the Environment
People and pets have a large impact on the local and global environment. We seek to educate owners on environmentally responsible pet ownership.